Sunday, October 9, 2011

Joy Journal 10/09/11

I kept a Joy Journal for many years and while it was the hardest days when I found it most valuable, it was always extra fun on the good days. Today was simple but full of goodness!

*Successfully skyped with Ezekiel over in Nigeria despite many obstacles with his internet connection…it was so good!
*Ran in a 6.45km (why set a distance when you can set a route and calculate the distance?!) race commemorating Chinese (Taiwanese) Centennial Independence celebration.
*Got cinnamon rolls across the street from the bakery and enjoyed them with a delicious cup of coffee and a friend’s company for breakfast.
*Perused recipes and found a yummy one for shrimp jambalaya and cream cheese brownies, wrote down the ingredients and actually grocery shopped for them!
*Bought ginger for the first time! :)
*Saw and purchased a pen in the grocery store like the one I had found on the ground in the parking lot when I was teaching in Clinton and LOVED!
*Made a scrumptious smoothie for lunch out of all the almost spoiled fruit that had built up in my freezer…adding orange juice was the trick!
*Went outside to grade papers out in the landscaped park on the school’s campus not sure where I was going to sit in the wet grass and randomly came across a lone folding chair!
*As I was sitting outside enjoying the nature, I realized I could HEAR the ground soaking up the water from the rain a few hours prior. It was SO COOL!
*After a sufficient amount of grading, I was able to finish the book I'd been reading for a while!

…and to think that the day isn’t even over yet! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounded like a lot completed plus the cooking!!!
    Yea Carolyn!
    I so enjoy reading your blog, it is like reading a good book, waiting for the next chapter!!!

    ReplyDelete