Monday, August 1, 2011

Great Day!


Great days can come in many shapes and sizes. Saturday was full of simple, yet delightful moments!

-Running around the city with 2 new friends…awesome downhill course for 2.25 miles, then about .75 miles of running practically straight up…great, fast workout!
-Best breakfast sandwich EVER: scrambled eggs w/ cayenne pepper, toast, avocado, colby jack cheese, and salsa (made even better in conjunction with Salvadoran iced coffee!)
-Finding this quote in a book I was reading and knowing my life is more complete having had it articulated in this way: “The place God chose for you is the intersection where your greatest joy and the world’s greatest need meet.”
-First venture out of the city to some artisan villages including Ataco…yay for villages!
-Driving through rolling, green hills and volcanoes filled with lush vegetation interspersed with clouds and sun
-Delicious shrimp shish kabob at a gastronomic festival (it was seriously called that!)
-Drinking a local beer for $1 (which to beer aficionados is lacking, but to me is less “beery” and therefore yummy!)
-Finding a bright, colorful and locally-made bracelet for $1.
-Speaking Spanish to all the locals that I could find (including sign language when necessary!)
-Finding a shop that was tailored to play on every one of my weaknesses: items were made by Salvadoran women to improve their economic situation using only natural materials for the fibers and dyes and everything was in greens and browns…I had to tear myself away and will be back!
-Seeing a rainbow during our drive home
-Chatting with a great roommate over dinner
-Sitting in my room, on the internet, listening to rain fall outside knowing I don’t have to wake up early!

5 comments:

  1. It sounds so wonderful so far!!! As we say down south, "You must be in hog heaven!"!!! I know you'll enjoy running, talking with people and enjoying the food and scenery! Send a picture of you and your roommate if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your shop with all the weaknesses made me laugh out loud! haha you never cease to make me smile miss carter :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your kind of day! Keep up the great posts - so glad to be able to have a slice of Carolyn every now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at gastronomic festival. I could probably just live there.

    ReplyDelete